1) Mandeville- Under second year with head coach Anthony Pequeno, Mandeville will be a tough opponent for SJA and enters the season as the slight favorite.
2) St. Joseph- In what could be interchangeable at first or second, SJA should be right on the heels of Mandeville with the returning experience that won a state title last year.
3) Vandebilt- The 4A State champs last year could make an argument for top team in the state considering they graduate any runners from last year.
4) Menard- The 2A powerhouse just trucks along each year like a well oiled machine. The talent on the roster this year should be enough to take home the 2A title.
5) Sacred Heart- Always a great peaking team, Sacred Heart looks poised for another 3A title again in a few short months.
6) Lafayette- A big question mark as far as where to be placed, Lafayette certainly has more than enough capable distance runners in the program to be a top composite program.
7) Dominican- This year Dominican is without a household name as the low stick, but should have a tight spread to keep them competitive.
8) Mt. Carmel- Under second year coach Casey Kaiser, MCA should be improved from last year, looking to avenge the one point loss at district to Dominican.
9) St. Michael- Despite graduating a former state champion, St. Michael should have the talent to podium finish in a 4A race that will be one of the strongest in years.
10) St. Scholastica- SSA will have several girls who should be in the mid to low 19s, but has great depth and can always find new blood to help the team out.
Photo courtesy of HoumaTimes.Com